Search This Blog

2011/06/07

Portable Multimedia Player


Just bought this fake SONY Portable Multimedia Player for my junior in a China-Shop...


A great toy for my lil' boy, he did like it and call it now "my mobile phone" :)

This device has 2GB built-in flash memory and a SD-card reader as well (sadly reads max. 2GB). It can play mp3 music and mp4 videos and a JPEG picture viewer is also available. Features like FM-Radio, Digital Camera and Video with 4 times zoom, Voice-Recorder, Game Emulator, Dictionary (Chinese/English :P), E-Book, Calculator and Notebook are included. The TFT screen is 3" big, no, small! Anyway it has AV-out to connect to a TV and AV-in (combined) for recording video from a source to my surprise. Charger, crappy Headphones and a USB cable to connect to the PC was included too.


After a try to save a cartoon to a 4GB SD-card i recognized problems with reading. The card needed a format... anyway it still had problems afterwards. Soon tested a 2GB card and everything was OK. There was no user manual included, i had to find out by myself each detail with "learning by doing". Video had to be in mp4, it won't play any other, i converted his favourite cartoons to 176x144.


Next step was loading some games! A look at my PC archive provided me a whole lot of games with different file formats like .gba, .exe, .st, .bin, .smc... but none of them worked with it. A preinstalled game on the player gave me a hint: .nes! that was the format i should search for!!! Thanks internet i did download some free games and installed them. Works fine but some of the games don't match correctly with the control buttons :(

The sound is not the best with the built-in speaker and especially the game emulator doesn't provide adequate volume. The built-in Li-Ion battery lasts only for 2 hours.

After all i did open the case and looked inside, there was enough space to put a second Li-Ion battery in. I knew i had one in my famous hobby-box... While it was open i decided to change also the speaker with a better one but couldn't find any at the moment which would fit in the height. I'll do that later then. For now he can use the modded "SONY" Earphones.



 
 
Now with a twin Battery-Pack and 4 hours endurance there is enough double-fun for my junior...

No comments:

Post a Comment