Search This Blog

2011/06/07

Earphones - Make Them Better

During a vacancy i forgot my Walkman's headphones at home and needed urgently some crappy, cheap earphones and so i popped into a China-Shop...

After a short test in hurry (with only one piece in the ear - shoot me now!) i bought some fake SONY Earphones. Later on the coach i plugged them into my walkman and recognized the volume was not equal on both sides. Now you can imagine my face :) After a look into the sound holes i saw differencies between both. So i opened the suspect one immediately and saw the speaker been loose and turned sidewards - fixed and put together again i tried to enjoy my music on the ride, but the sound was more than sickening :(


Yes i did know they were very cheap and "must be" crappy but surprisingly they weren't that bad in finishing. Couple of days later at home i did check them again and the same happened - speaker loose. It must be glued but suddenly i remembered what i studied long time ago - the bad and tinny sound that came out must be distorted by resonance! My idea was to "fill" something into the housing to clear off the resonance, but what? An incidence look to my boy gave me the hint - PLAYDOUGH! Don't laugh now :)

PLAYDOUGH HACK!
After practice on both earphones they have an astonishing performance yet, especially the basses come very dry and no "tin-sound" anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment